Pellet feed is a form of feed that most breeders attach importance to and uses, which has the advantages of transportation and carrying convenience, long preservation time, high nutritional value, good palsy, reducing the incidence of illness in poultry and livestock, and helping animal digest well.
Feed accounts for 80% of daily feed. As animal increase and grow, so the amount of feed required will also increase. Generally speaking, feed processing plants have a special feed pellet production line for the production of powder or pellet feed, sales will also increase labor costs, feed raw material spending, site fees and so on. For farmers, a simple feed making unit can not only help farms make feed pellets at home and sell themselves, but also add extra revenue.
Raw Materials for Animal Feed Pellets
The raw material can be corn/maize, alfalfa, wheat bran, grass, rice, beans, oil cake, etc. Usually, large size raw materials should be pulverized by hammer mill. Protein or other nutrients can also be added to the raw powder.
Animal Feed Pellets Making Process
The processing process of animal feed particles is mainly physical. The process mixes the material and additives without changing the nutrients contained in the material. The quality of feed particles directly affects the animal’s feeding status and the interests of farmers, so the production of high-quality animal feed pellets is very important to farmers.
The feed pellets processing steps are as follows:
- Material selection: Choose materials and suitable additives that can provide the different nutrients that animals need. In addition, the content of each material should be strictly controlled, as it directly affects the durability of the particles.
- Crushing: Crush the materials into powdery materials by feed hammer mill.
- Mixing: Mix the crushed ingredients evenly by feed mixing machine.
- Pelletizing: In this step, material modulation and physical condition control are critical to particle quality. Heat, water time and quantity, steam are important factors in granulation. The diameter and die thickness of the feed pellet machine also affect the quality of the pellets, the relative pellet hardness and the yield of the pellet machine.
- Cooling: In fact, it is not necessary to make feed pellets at home, as small capacity production allows feed pellets to cool naturally. But for relatively high productivity, pellet coolers can be very helpful and save farmers a lot of time.
Benefits of Manufacturing Feed Pellets
Self-processing and production of feed pellets, can improve work efficiency, reduce feed costs, for users to increase profits. It can not only suppress cattle and sheep feed, but also can process pig, chicken, duck and other feed pellets. When making your own feed particles, different materials can be added according to the different needs of animals to ensure the safety of feed and the comprehensive nutrition of animals. Feeding granulated feed can increase animal intake and avoid animal pickiness, which is conducive to digestion and absorption. It can shorten the growth period of animals, easy to transport, and can be kept for half a year.
For small-scale farmers, compared with the market to buy feed pellets, the purchase of simple feed pellet machine is a good choice, the cost is not high, and can be based on the specific conditions of animals to produce feed pellets.