Deer farming offers a great opportunity to earn a better life and create a good source of employment.
Commercial deer farming could be one of them. Deer is a kind of wild animal. The number of wild deer is decreasing. Therefore, by raising deer commercially, we can earn a good source of income and at the same time save this animal form from extinction. Deer products have great demand and high value in the market. But there are problems with this lucrative business. Some governments do not allow commercial deer farming. So before you plan to start this business, contact your nearest wildlife service and ask if they allow commercial deer farming in your country.
The economics of deer farming
Commercial deer farming, like other animal husbandry, is highly profitable. Venison is more expensive than cow, buffalo, goat, sheep, duck or chicken. Deer usually eat grass, leaves, or grain just like other domestic animals such as mountain goats, cattle, and sheep. So it’s very easy to feed them. There are many good reasons why you should start raising deer.
- Here is a brief overview of the major importance of deer farming.
- Raising deer is considered as a symbol of nobility in some societies around the world.
- By raising deer, you can become very popular and famous in your area in a short time.
- Deer farming is a great source of entertainment for people of all ages, especially for children.
- The deer’s skin is very precious. Rich people decorate their houses with deerskins. Many valuable goods were made of deerskin, and they were in great demand in Europe and America.
- The stag gives birth to a pair of antlers every year, which are very valuable.
- Venison is very delicious. It’s going to have a lot of demand and a lot of ratio in the whole thing.
- If you keep some deer in your property, they will add to the beauty of your house.
- If you have experience raising cattle, goats, sheep, etc., you can start raising deer. Raising deer is as easy as raising goats.
- Deer have less disease than other domestic animals. By raising deer commercially, you can generate a sustainable source of income and employment.
Who do you sell your deer to?
Most of my deer are sold to other breeders or people who are just starting out in the business. There is also a growing market for game reserves and ranches that desperately need high-quality animals to harvest. Since it takes more time to grow a big buck than to harvest it, this need will not be met quickly or ever fully.
How much does it cost to start a deer farm?
Start-up costs depend on the objectives of your business. If you plan to become a full-time deer owner in 3-5 years, it will cost more than an amateur or part-timer. Trying to come up with Numbers for each case is difficult, but in my experience, those who make money in this industry have typically invested about $25,000-100,000 in their operations, including fences, facilities, and stocks. Don’t be afraid to start small and grow slowly over time, because current supply will take decades to catch up with demand.
Animal Feed Making Machine For Sale
Because the quality of feed pellets directly affects the animal’s feeding status, and ultimately affects the quality of products and the interests of farmers, it is very important for farmers to produce high-quality feed pellets.
This Small feed making plant can produce sheep, cattle, rabbits, horses, chickens, ducks, geese, pigs and other livestock feed pellets. Note: We can customize the feed production line according to the customer’s requirement.
Why do you need supplementary feed?
Deer are ruminant mammals that have long been bred for their flesh and skin (called deerskin), especially in New Zealand, Ireland, The United Kingdom and Germany. If you’re a landowner and there’s a lot of deer out there, then you might want to consider making feed pellets for them. There are several reasons why you want to feed the deer around your property; Help them grow and breed during hunting season or because you just love deer. Deer are ruminants, which means they eat plants on the ground.
Sometimes due to drought or floods, deer naturally do not have enough food to stay healthy and thrive. This is why many landowners provide deer with feed pellets for extra nutrients. Feed pellets can be store-bought or homemade.
What does the feed grain do to the deer?
Deer develop differently depending on the season. In the fall and winter, they need extra fat in their feed to help them survive the cold, unbearable months of winter. Rice bran is a good source of fat for deer. In other words, deer don’t need to eat much in the winter. Their nature is to use the fat stored in their bodies.
In late winter and early spring, deer don’t usually eat grain, so corn isn’t a good idea. If you’re just starting to provide fodder pellets on your land, it’s best to wait until spring, when natural vegetation will help with digestion. In late spring and summer, they will need more protein because this is the time of year for fawn development and antler growth.